Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
I'm making some of these gift boxes to give to some family friends for Christmas.
I like the idea of giving a family a gift to share rather than giving individual gifts to each member. I will be filling the boxes with different types of treats (Nuts, Chocolate ect,)
I will also be teaching this in my next workshop (To be held in November)
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
A friend of mine asked me to make a card for her to give to her boss on 'BOSS DAY' !!! I never even knew that we had one of those but apparently we do, it is on Friday, 16 October. - the BOSS is the headmistress of one of our local schools..... hope she likes it.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
What a privilege to receive this award. I am so surprised (YAY YAY YIPPEE YAY)
I've been told that I have to share 7 things about myself before passing this award on to 7 other crafting blogger buddies. So here goes.
1. Im very thankful for being blessed with creative talent
2. Cancer, although I do not have cancer it has affected my life so badly. I lost my mother to cancer when I was very young and more recently my best friend who was only 39 years old. The Cancer Association Of South Africa is a charity very close to my heart.
3. I am a diabetic (not a very good one) and I pray that I have more self control and discipline when making food choices.. Any advise in this regard is welcome.
4. I am blessed and very fortunate in that I have always been a stay at home mom. Although I do teach crafts and do workshops, I do not consider that work.
5. I have been blessed with 2 wonderful sons that bring me more joy than any other single thing on earth. Dylan (22 yrs old) has a full time job Mon to Fri and on weekend he work as a voluntary life guard on our beautiful local beaches. Kye (19 yrs old) is currently studying to be a high school educator, he also does voluntary life guarding duties on weekends.
6. I am an animal LOVER... But my favourite furry friends are most defiantly my 5 (yes 5) cats. I absolutely adore them and they run the household.
7. last but not least I am so very very blessed with the most amazing friends in the world.... Each and every one of them I cherish.
Now I will be surfing the web going to visit all my blog friends and deciding who it is that I would like to pass this award on to ........... THE PRESSURE ....
Monday, October 5, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Ill start this week off by sharing a new layout with you.
Ive used the moth eaten technique and lots of ink on this page.
Ive also used a variety of ribbons and lace.
I have used little green reign stones to create circles on my page.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
A good friend of mine is getting married next year and has asked me to design her invitations. She is getting married at a wild life game reserve. She wants to keep the colours of the wedding natural so I decided to make the sample invites in different shades of green. I made two samples, the first is a large 750ml bottle of locally produced red wine and the second is a small 175ml bottle of red wine also produced here in South Africa. Each invitation will be in a little wooden box lined with straw and hand delivered.
I thought it would be nice to add a note in the wooden box asking people that were attending to bring their bottle of wine to drink at the receptions and to ask those people that could not attend to drink their wine on the evening of the wedding.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I was so excited on Monday morning when I opened my email and to my surprise there was an email from Tim Holtz (yes, THE Tim Holtz!). He had been to look at my bolg, then emailed me and this is what he said.
wonderful work adele, thanks for the link
I was running around the house screaming like a kid on Christmas morning. Thank you Tim Holtz, you made my year so special.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Ink all your paper with black including the flower. add some reign stones to your project to give it that festive look.
Add lots of ribbons and embroidery cotton or string to these Christmas tags it just gives them such a rich look and don't foget to add a bell or two.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Make some Christmas Tags using some red and green card stock.
Use ink and paint to distress the edges
Punch some holes in the card stock to get a moth eaten distress look.
Add some flowers , brads and reign stones to decorate your tag. Christmas will be here sooner than you think, so get started now and save yourself the rush.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
On this card I have torn an acrylic clock in half and then used a lighter around the edges of the clock which has caused it to warp. I applied the same technique to the piece of acetate undre the flower and clock, the acetate was first stamped using acrylic paint and a decorative stamp. The edges of the clock were distressed with a pair of scissors and then inked. the oversized flower was inked and stamped with a postage stamp
Hope you enjoy making this card. It also looks fabulous in deep red.