Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
I'm making some of these gift boxes to give to some family friends for Christmas.
I like the idea of giving a family a gift to share rather than giving individual gifts to each member. I will be filling the boxes with different types of treats (Nuts, Chocolate ect,)
I will also be teaching this in my next workshop (To be held in November)
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
A friend of mine asked me to make a card for her to give to her boss on 'BOSS DAY' !!! I never even knew that we had one of those but apparently we do, it is on Friday, 16 October. - the BOSS is the headmistress of one of our local schools..... hope she likes it.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
What a privilege to receive this award. I am so surprised (YAY YAY YIPPEE YAY)
I've been told that I have to share 7 things about myself before passing this award on to 7 other crafting blogger buddies. So here goes.
1. Im very thankful for being blessed with creative talent
2. Cancer, although I do not have cancer it has affected my life so badly. I lost my mother to cancer when I was very young and more recently my best friend who was only 39 years old. The Cancer Association Of South Africa is a charity very close to my heart.
3. I am a diabetic (not a very good one) and I pray that I have more self control and discipline when making food choices.. Any advise in this regard is welcome.
4. I am blessed and very fortunate in that I have always been a stay at home mom. Although I do teach crafts and do workshops, I do not consider that work.
5. I have been blessed with 2 wonderful sons that bring me more joy than any other single thing on earth. Dylan (22 yrs old) has a full time job Mon to Fri and on weekend he work as a voluntary life guard on our beautiful local beaches. Kye (19 yrs old) is currently studying to be a high school educator, he also does voluntary life guarding duties on weekends.
6. I am an animal LOVER... But my favourite furry friends are most defiantly my 5 (yes 5) cats. I absolutely adore them and they run the household.
7. last but not least I am so very very blessed with the most amazing friends in the world.... Each and every one of them I cherish.
Now I will be surfing the web going to visit all my blog friends and deciding who it is that I would like to pass this award on to ........... THE PRESSURE ....